Friday, June 12, 2009

Curried Chicken Salad

I needed a way to use up some leftover chicken and experimented with what I had on hand. It turned out to be delicious!

Ingredients

2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 cup mayonaise or 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced almonds, or chopped pecans, or sunflower seeds
2 stalks celery, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
3/4 cup craisins or raisins
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. sugar or 1 tbls. orange juice
1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ginger (opt.)
salt and pepper to taste

What to do

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve on a bed of lettuce.

4 comments:

  1. I've purchased some curry powder and didn't know what to do with it. So I'll try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...we had this for supper last evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh yum. I may make some tonight

    ReplyDelete