Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pecan Pie Muffins

I hate to admit it, since we had virtually no summer weather, but there is a cool breeze blowing through the window and fall is in the air. Some leaves are even beginning to change.  Fall weather makes me think of baking, and baking makes me think of pecans.  My parents were from Texas, and the best pecans come from there.  Today I ordered a large amount from Sunny Land Farms.  I can't recommend them highly enough.  There is absolutely no comparing their plump, delicious nuts with the dried and shriveled things that pass for pecan pieces in my local supermarket.  Check them out at www.sunnylandfarms.com and don't let the prices deter you.  They are not cheap, but they are worth every dollar.  I found this recipe there today, after I placed an order for 6 lbs. of pecan pieces.  Can't wait for them to arrive (sometime after the October harvest) so I can try out this recipe.

1 cup Small Pecan Pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted

Combine pecans, sugar and flour in a large bowl. Make a well in center, add beaten eggs and melted butter. Stir until just moistened.

Line 9 muffin tins with paper cups, or spray muffin tin with a non-stick cooking spray. Fill 2/3 full.
Bake at 350° 25-30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Makes 9 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment