Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easy Rum Cake

And here is another one.  I admit that I haven't tried it, but I have all the ingredients, and it seems so easy I thought I'd share it here.  How can one go wrong?  I plan on making it tonight, so I'll comment about how it turns out.

Ingredients
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding (4 serving size)
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. rum (light)
4 eggs

What to Do
Grease tube pan. Mix first five ingredients with mixer. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F.  Leave in pan until sauce is added and all is cooled completely.

Sauce Ingredients
1/2 stick butter
1/8 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
1/8-1/4 c. rum

What to Do
Bring butter, water, sugar and rum to a boil. Pour over cake when done and still hot. Remove cake from pan when completely cool.  Top each serving with whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe was wonderful. It did not taste at all like it was made from a mix. Trinity was over and had two peices the day I made it...which she ate in about three minutes. The next day we ate some with a berry mixture and whipped cream on top and she asked for two peices again and then she said, "Grandma, Mommy makes the best cookies [I woudl agree] but YOU makes the best cakes." So, there you have it. I will make this again...if someone gives me some rum.

    ReplyDelete